Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Gulfport? Generally, there are three major regions of your residence for camera installations: your front door, the outside perimeter, and strategic interior positions. While your provider can advise where you should begin, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Make Sure To Protect Your Front Door
Even though you might find it unlikely that a burglar would attempt to just stroll through your home’s main entryway, 34% of break-ins occur at the front door. There are also porch pirates among other threats to consider. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to tackle all of these concerns with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Video doorbells are even more beneficial as you are able to chat with all guests who walk up and ring the bell. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may answer each instance with two-direction audio and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. In the event a person does try to do something criminal, you will have your camera automatically capture footage and send it to your cell phone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your Outdoor Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras outside your residence is often a difficult undertaking. Fortunately, there are some useful recommendations to help ensure you’re defended properly.
- Corners of your Gulfport home allow for an impressive field-of-view, as you can see two sections of your exterior.
- Just below an overhang or into a piece of trim or siding are perfect spots for cameras as they will be somewhat concealed by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing entryway for burglars than you might believe!
- Over a back porch or rear door -- or any entryway not in clear view from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, be sure to cut back any brush and branches that may block your ability to see clearly.
Recommendations To Get The Most From Your Interior Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your property in Gulfport. But the additional flexibility results in there being other installation variables to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should be certain your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine that enters via a window can cause glare and affect your video recording. Aim the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Similar to an observation deck, a video camera installed in a higher spot will provide a wider field of vision. Consider putting your cameras on top of tall pieces of furniture or attached to a corner or ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t be able to protect you if it’s broken. Place your devices in locations where little ones and house pets aren’t able to mess with them. You could try mounting or other ways of attaching them to ensure they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Houseplants and Decor: The greatest video camera won’t help you much if you’ve got a houseplant in the way. On the other hand, potted plants and other decor items also have the ability to hide your recording devices. Just make sure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and security devices, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the ideal plan for your complete residence -- protecting every inch. Dial (228) 220-2891 or fill out the form on this page to get started.