Today's residential security solutions have become more advanced by the day. Even so, it’s still easy to forget to perform easy security duties like activating your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to worry about these things again? With geofencing in Gulfport, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Gulfport For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary a set distance from your residence, which you can customize within your cell phone app. The technology then utilizes your mobile device to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components use to share information with other connected equipment. The technology takes smart home devices further by putting all devices onto the same network. You are then able to draw a unique boundary on all sides of your house and assign the specific actions you want to occur as you cross the boundary.
For instance, shortly after you leave your property, you can program your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Here are several of the components you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices like speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home security system in Gulfport. When accessing the security app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart components to engage at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or disarm your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make particular components activate in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your security camera notices strange movements in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that operate in concert with each other. Make your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks engage when the day is done. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with specific lighting and HVAC settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set the security system if you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Gulfport
Whether you seek extra certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our representatives today at (228) 220-2891 or submit the form on this page to begin customizing your optimal security system.